My name is Richard Smith; I am your LDC Instructor covering Cumbernauld & Central Scotland.
I passed my Driving Test when I was 17 and since then I have driven many different types of vehicles: Bikes, Cars, Vans, Buses, HGV Trucks and even a Police Car. I have driven many hundreds of thousands of miles, both in the UK and also in Europe.
I was previously employed as a Transport Manager with a large, international Healthcare company. I also used to teach drivers with a basic Car licence to upgrade to a HGV/LGV licence. Now I am teaching new drivers to PASS the Driving Test and obtain their first Driving Licence. Even after all these years, it is still a tremendous thrill to see a new driver PASS their Driving Test...
- DVSA Approved Driving Instructor ADI
- Diploma in Driving Instruction Dip Di
- PASS PLUS Registered Trainer
- Institute of Advaced Motorists IAM
- Driving Instructors Association DIA
- Cert. of Professional Competance in Road Transport, Freight - National
- Cert. of Professional Competance in Road Transport, Freight - International
- Representitive of the road safety charity "BRAKE"
I chose to work with LDC because everybody is different and the LD System allows for flexibility in lessons so that you learn to Drive safely at a rate that suits you. My goal is to make every lesson as enjoyable and as productive as possible; teaching you to drive to a high standard and PASS your driving test. The LD System helps me to do this more effectively. Lessons are always conducted in a calm, friendly and relaxed manner as I firmly believe in making pupils feel at ease during each lesson.
Well I hope this gives you a brief idea about me so please feel free to click here to "Contact me"